Respond in up to five pages on
one of the following themes
pursued extensively throughout the course in weekly theme time, instructor presentations,
and in group discussions in your BASE GROUPS as well as in your independent working THEME
- Motivation to become an independent, self-motivated, lifelong learner.
- Emotional intelligence as a balance needed in our lives.
- The adult learner as the client
- Adult Learning as the basic approach
- Metacognition as
- Brain-Based Learning
Consider each topic in terms of:
- critical aspects
- key features
- furthering its development in the classroom
- Session presentations in terms of a mini lecture and discussion on the two
- Session discussion in Base Groups;
- Individual journalizing in Working Portfolio on such regarding new insights;
- Working time in Individual Working Hour for the above activities;
- Coaching in terms of developing insights, organizing material, presenting it,
open from 5-6 and 9-10 for each half of the class, and by e-mail at your convenience;
- The outcome of such is to be presented in two four-page reports for Session 12,
- Each report will be worth 10 points toward your final grade.
- An in-depth understanding is expected.
- in-depth understanding of each topic is expected
- clear identification of each topic
- critical aspects highlighted
- key features illuminated with pertinent examples and relevant discussion
- how each operates is clearly delineated and explained
- at least 8 key means of furthering the development of each are outlined and
- its importance in the classroom and life is appropriately estimated
- minimum acceptable is 17/20
- three re-writes will be allowed